Insight Renews Commitment to Meaningful Connections in 2021 Corporate Citizenship Report
Third annual corporate social responsibility report emphasizes Insight’s people-first approach to technology in the new digital world
TEMPE, Ariz., February 2, 2021 —Insight Enterprises (NASDAQ:NSIT), the global integrator of Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes, today released its 2021 Insight Corporate Citizenship Report, formally sharing how the company’s environmental, social and governance business practices positively impact the company’s teammates, clients and communities.
This year’s report emphasizes Insight’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and, during a year marked by several incidents of social injustice in 2020, our continued actions to support a team-oriented workplace of diversity, equality and inclusion. The disruptions of 2020 accelerated a long-brewing shift to digitization for most organizations, and Insight leaned into helping clients make the rapid transition through smart solutions tailored to: highly dispersed workforces, cybersecurity, strategic use of data powered by the cloud and at the edge, process automation, digital commerce and mobile applications, and IT supply chain optimization.
“The world and the IT industry have seen unprecedented change over the course of the past year. But what remains constant is our commitment to building meaningful connections, and the power of technology to connect people in the most meaningful of ways, even when they can’t be together in person,” said Ken Lamneck, Insight president and CEO. “The perseverance shown by our teammates – most of whom transitioned to remote work but many who remained working on-site to equip essential workers on the front lines of the COVID fight – reminds us that people come first in our business. Our corporate citizenship report celebrates that dedication.”
As a member of the United Nations Global Compact, Insight is globally committed to supporting human rights and fair labor, reducing environmental impact and standing against corruption. The company holds its worldwide network of more than 5,000 trusted partners to the same ethical standards through its Vendor Code of Conduct.
Highlights of the 2021 Insight Corporate Citizenship Report include:
- In the last year, Insight has been named as a Forbes World’s Best Employer, a Forbes Best Employer for Veterans, a Fortune World’s Most Admired Company and a Fortune Best Workplace for Diversity. Insight also received a score of 95 out of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2021 Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ workplace equality. Insight Australia was also named as the 6th Great Place to Work Australia [100- 999 employee category].
- Insight Digital Innovation launched a Detection and Prevention solution built on the company’s AI and IoT-powered Insight Connected Platform™, providing a scalable foundation to help organizations detect for common signs of COVID-19 and quickly curtail its spread in high-traffic areas.
- Celebrating diversity and inclusion, Insight held its first Global Harmony Day in recognition of Global Diversity Awareness Month in October 2020. The day united Insight teammates worldwide for a series of candid discussions on diversity, equality and inclusion.
- As part of the Insight Reach program, dedicated to empowering children’s lives through technology, the company’s 10th annual Noble Cause campaign raised $250,000 for charities like the Ronald McDonald House, Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Boys & Girls Club of Arizona. In Australia, in response to the 2019/2020 bushfires, we also formalized a partnership with WIRES Australia.
- In It Together Foundation, Insight’s 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit program helping teammates in crisis through teammate contributions and matching company funds, has raised more than $2.15 million since its inception in 2014. Since January 2020, 170 teammates have received support, and Insight’s executive team contributed $250,000 as part of its COVID-19 response to help families hit particularly hard by the pandemic.
- Environmental sustainability initiatives saved Insight more than $7 million in 2020, and as an affiliate member of the Responsible Business Alliance, Insight’s asset disposition program – helping companies securely repurpose old devices and equipment – and diverse supplier program support a commitment to sustainability and equality.
“We have 11,000 teammates who routinely champion our values of hunger, heart and harmony, and the philosophy of making a difference through hard work, compassion and smart technology. Our solutions also are well-suited to address the greatest needs of businesses and communities as they adapt to our new digitally dependent world, and we’re intent on being good stewards of technology used to deliver positive outcomes for everyone,” said Glynis Bryan, chief financial officer, Insight.
Mike Morgan, Senior Vice-President and MD, Insight Asia Pacific says: “Insight’s commitment to our values and to the 10 Principles of the United Nations’ Global Compact are the fundamentals of how we do business globally and here across Asia Pacific. These principles are as important to our teammates, as the business transformation and partnership we champion with our clients.”
To read more about Insight’s social responsibilities and download a copy of the 2021 Insight Corporate Citizenship Report, click here
APAC: Athena Thompson
Director of Marketing and Strategic Partnerships, APAC
+61 413 500 494
US: Scott Walters
+1 480 889-9798
US: Ariel Kouvaris
+1 212 446-1884
Insight was founded in 1988.
Global headquarters are in Tempe, Arizona.
We have operations in 20 countries.
We’re Microsoft’s largest global partner.
We offer support in 14 languages.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises Inc. empowers organisations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of Digital Innovation, Cloud + Data Centre Transformation, Connected Workforce, and Supply Chain Optimisation solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimise their operations to run business smarter.